ESWP:

About the Society

History

The Engineers' Society of Western Pennsylvania has provided a forum for the professional development and the facilities for the social interaction of its members for more than a century. The ESWP is chartered to advance the professions of engineering, architecture, and applied sciences through technical activities, public service participation and social organizations. It also supports the needs of industries, communities, and government in Western Pennsylvania.

Since its founding in 1880 ESWP has continually served as a focal point for the area's engineering and technical community. At its inception, ESWP was created by a group of Pittsburgh's entrepreneurs and businessmen to promote social, technical, and business interaction in Western Pennsylvania. This vision has continued through the years as ESWP has grown and adapted to the changing technical needs of the community.

The ESWP serves primarily as a catalyst to promote interaction throughout the technical community in Western Pennsylvania. Its more than 1000 members and 50 associated technical societies reflect the richness of the full spectrum of engineering and applied science disciplines.

Contact us:

Engineers' Society of Western Pennsylvania
337 Fourth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Phone: 412-261-0710, Fax: 412-261-1606, E-Mail: eswp@eswp.com

Driving Directions through MapQuest